Monday, October 24, 2005

Javier the unwanted house guest


Still prepping for our wedding and not much to blog, so here's a little story from the last time we were in Arenal, Costa Rica :
Mel and I were staying at the Tabacon Hotel in Arenal, which luckily had a really nice view of the Arenal Volcano . Anyway, we stayed 3 nights and the first day we noticed this big patch of dirt on the floor of the closet. We figured they were just lazy maids. Anyway, every day we would see the dirt and laugh and wonder why the maid would clean everything so well but leave that one patch, and always in a slightly different spot. On the third day as we were packing up, I got up close and personal to Javier (pronounced Havier)..the Roach..this thing was the size of my hand..When I told Mel she had the presence of mind to pretend nothing was wrong, ignored me and continued packing..I on the other hand was flipping out..how do you kill a roach the size of your hand?! Anyway, she wouldn't (didn't want to) believe me regarding the roach so I took this pic, and then we took off. In retrospect I'm glad we only figured it out on the last day. I would have had to call the reception, cause ain't no way I'm messing with a Roach that ate cows for a living, and they would have laughed at me all day. I'm also glad I took the pic, cause no one believes me that this roach was that big..I wonder if it could fly?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melanie you're so brave!